Published: 01/03/2022In 2017 Cooper and Tanner created a new initiative to support developers across the South West with their challenges and plans to develop commercial, residential and community support plans. Lead by Darren Woodyer and Nick Oliver, and supported by Rebecca Wilson, this team has gone on to build a thriving department from scratch. with a bespoke database of over 190 Developers country wide.
In June 2021 Cooper and Tanner became a founder agent on a new Land Marketing platform called Addland, ‘bringing land to life’ became signed up members of Addland in December 2021. The area that Darren now covers reaches as far down and Cornwall and as far up as Hampshire for signed up sites. We produce a Monthly online Developer and Investors newsletter and the database currently has over 250 subscribers that include large development companies looking for strategic land to individuals looking for single plots. Currently Darren and Beckie are managing approx. 22 active sites and approx. 40 under offer/exchanged sites.
Amongst some of the success stories the department have had are:
- Darren signed up a large consortium of Landowners with a view to applying for planning for a Garden Village project/expansion in Frome – 300+ acres
- 16 acres of land tied up in an Option agreement in North Bradley
- Outline planning consent for 43 plots sold in 2018 in Westonzoyland
- Plot of Land sold in Castle Cary taken on in 2018, has been through the option process and is now being built into a lovely selection of 4 bungalows being Sold by our Castle Cary Branch for in the region of £475,000
- Approx. 20 acres of land tied up in a Promotion agreement in Westbury
- 89.3 acres of land tied up in an Option agreement in Warminster
- 146 acres of land tied up in an Option agreement in Westbury area
The team are also proud of the fact that they have brought forward some challenging sites, which when approached in the correct manner have been accepted for planning. As company we are very aware that development is a very controversial topic and we pride ourselves in working with neighbours, villages, towns and local councils to bring forward tomorrows developments in an environmental and holistic manner.